Wednesday 7 May 2008

Bruce Clarke and Palexpo

Exciting news people!!!

I was able to exhibit along with my art collective during the Europ'Art Fair at Palexpo (30 April - 4 May) and it was a very...interesting experience. While sales were dismal for the majority of all the exposants, it was a good place to make art contacts and see what other people from around the world are doing with the creativity. In that sense, it was worth it.

I was also lucky enough to meet the artist, Brue Clarke who was speaking at the discursive sessions of the book fair event of the Africa stand on his activism and the problems faced by black/African people in general. I even got his book which he so kindly autographed.
Its so exciting getting to meet the artists themselves. They are never quite what I expect. Its fabulous!

No comments: